What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant update apps on iPad 3

balisue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
y App store says there are 12 apps that need updating. when I press "Update All" it doesnt even ask for my password anymore, and all the apps are left "waiting" . I tried reset, I tried pausing all but one. I tried updating one at a time... So far, nothing works.... And I deleted my Flipboard app, now tried to isntall again, it is also "waiting" HELP!

sushilsakhuja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
balisue said:
y App store says there are 12 apps that need updating. when I press "Update All" it doesnt even ask for my password anymore, and all the apps are left "waiting" . I tried reset, I tried pausing all but one. I tried updating one at a time... So far, nothing works.... And I deleted my Flipboard app, now tried to isntall again, it is also "waiting" HELP!

Dear friend please open apple ac and login then click on update all. It will update apps automatically. Try and enjoy.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
balisue said:

Where are you trying to update from? An iPad? iPhone? Mac? Pc? There are multiple different reasons for them all if you can let me know your device I can try and help, if you have resolved your problem just let me know.

The iDevice Guru

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi there...see if there are any apps in iTunes that is holding up the process and delete those. See if that works.

kirstenvn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also having this problem where do you see the active downloads

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi there...see if there are any apps in iTunes that is holding up the process and delete those. See if that works.

It won't be that, the downloads are on an iDevice not a mac or pc, a router can tackle multiple downloads from different locations, it wouldn't stop downloads.

The iDevice Guru

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This process is a little long winded, but it usually fixes all the potential problems resulting in multiple stuck / waiting installations on the device...

1) go to Settings > Store, and sign out of your account by clicking on your user name and choosing "sign out"
2) turn on Airplane mode on your device.
3) power off the device fully
4) reboot / power cycle your home wifi / broadband router and wait for it to restart
5) power on your device
6) turn off Airplane mode
7) go to Settings > Store and sign in with your ID and password again

You may still have the same icons "waiting" but one of them (the one at the fornt of the queue), should start it's download and install process. It's not always the first icon in the list. It can be one on another page, so have patience and look carefully. You should see the spinning download indicator in the top left...

If nothing appears to be happening after 30 seconds or so, open iTunes and press "update all" again.

Let us know how you get on.

Most reactions