What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Track My iPad 3, Shipped With UPS

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On Saturday 10 March my iPad 3 order status changed from "Preparing for Shipment" to "Shipped" and showed UPS as the carrier with a tracking #. About 24 hours later on Sunday 11 March I received a text msg from Apple informing me the iPad was shipped. I imagine the iPad was shipped from the Chinese factory, it is to be delivered in Germany. As of today, 2 days after being shipped, the UPS tracking system does not recognize the tracking #. Should I worry?

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in Scotland, UK and have exactly the same thing. I called both UPS and Apple last night. UPS said that they were valid tracking numbers but were not active on their system yet. I spoke to someone in the US at Apple. He said do not worry, the order was sitting between Apple and UPS (i.e. apple must be given a huge allocation of available UPS tracking numbers, then apple assign them as required). Apple said it was normal and re-confirmed my order details and the March 16th delivery date. Ps. the guy from Apple said that he had the same confirmed delivery date as me and sounded even more excited about getting the new iPad than me....haha!

OP

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the reassurance, Lyndon. I was just about to call UPS! I might anyway if tracking doesn't show anything tomorrow.

Last edited:

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the reassurance, Lyndon. I was just about to call UPS! I might anyway if tracking doesn't show anything tomorrow.

Don't worry - the same thing is happening with TNT too.

Apple are pulling out all the stops to ensure that no Ipads slip through the cracks before Friday.

OP

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right, but some forum members have been able to track their iPad 3's through FedEx to within a few miles of their delivery address in the U.S. already. I was just wondering if mine had left China yet, it's long way to Germany and it needs to have been moving by now if it is to be delivered on 16 Mar.

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am here in SE Texas - received my Fedex tracking number yesterday evening at 5:30 p.m. but there is no information attached to it. Just a number and it links to the Fedex page. So thank you to the person above who called and posted what Apple said. I was thinking that was the reason my Fedex info had not been updated but wasn't sure since this is my first Ipad.

One day closer!

DarrenUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here, ipad was marked as dispatched on the 10th for delivery on the 16th, no tracking info is available on the UPS site. I have just emailed UPS to see exactly where my parcels are.

Lyndon23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick follow-up from my earlier post... ...So as of this morning I am still unable to track the location of my order through the UPS website. So I called Apple again this morning to try and get a status update, I got a little more info this time. Because of the high demand for the new iPad some of the UPS tracking numbers are not 'active' yet. Apple did say that the number MUST be 'active' on the UPS system within the last 24hrs prior to delivery for it to be delivered on the scheduled date/time. Apple also have their own internal tracking system that they use to track everyone's individual order status. Whilst I was on the phone he gave me a full list of all the scans of my package and I now have full details, dates and times of my package progress and when it arrived in the UK, delivered to my local UPS HUB (Which is where my package currently is). He was even able to provide me with the actual time slot my package will be delivered within. So on the face of it; it does appear that everything is being well coordinated, it's just that processes are perhaps a little slow due to high demand. Once again I have confirmation from Apple that my delivery will be with me on the 16th, delivered just past 16:00hrs for me (Boooo!). I'm not making any more phone calls, I'll just wait on the big brown truck.

OP

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up, Lyndon! We are all very anxious to get our new iPads. This will be my first iPad so I am super overly anxious. :)

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick follow-up from my earlier post... ...So as of this morning I am still unable to track the location of my order through the UPS website. So I called Apple again this morning to try and get a status update, I got a little more info this time. Because of the high demand for the new iPad some of the UPS tracking numbers are not 'active' yet. Apple did say that the number MUST be 'active' on the UPS system within the last 24hrs prior to delivery for it to be delivered on the scheduled date/time. Apple also have their own internal tracking system that they use to track everyone's individual order status. Whilst I was on the phone he gave me a full list of all the scans of my package and I now have full details, dates and times of my package progress and when it arrived in the UK, delivered to my local UPS HUB (Which is where my package currently is). He was even able to provide me with the actual time slot my package will be delivered within. So on the face of it; it does appear that everything is being well coordinated, it's just that processes are perhaps a little slow due to high demand. Once again I have confirmation from Apple that my delivery will be with me on the 16th, delivered just past 16:00hrs for me (Boooo!). I'm not making any more phone calls, I'll just wait on the big brown truck.

thanks for this info. i'm going to call apple too! what's the point of online tracking if it doesn't work. UPS is happy to take the money to deliver these packages, but not offer their usual services. what a shame.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You rock!

Thanks mate. I figured it was something like that.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just to confirm with everyone else here, the tracking number is a 10 digit number yes?

DarrenUK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just to confirm with everyone else here, the tracking number is a 10 digit number yes?

Mine is an 18 digit number, my tracking number is still not showing any info on the UPS website but apple still saying it will be delivered on the 16th.

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5er driver said:
Thanks for the follow up, Lyndon! We are all very anxious to get our new iPads. This will be my first iPad so I am super overly anxious. :)

Omg you are going to love it. Have fun.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is an 18 digit number, my tracking number is still not showing any info on the UPS website but apple still saying it will be delivered on the 16th.

okay. now i'm so confused. hope i get my metal chunk with a bit of glass on friday anyway

Most reactions

Latest posts