What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't search PDF's in iBooks and Adobe Reader

RadekSkylark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

A few days ago I made a decision to try out an Apple product - I bought a 2018 iPad with 32gb of memory. The main reason I wanted a tablet is for reading some books as well as having some options for doing multimedia activities when I'm out of my house.

Anyway, the problem I encountered is that after uploading some PDF books to my iPad from my PC I can't search them in either iBooks app, nor Adobe Reader (free version), although they're searchable on my PC.

For example, in iBooks app, I can actually highlight all words in those files, but when I do a search it doesn't do (return) anything. In contrast, when I share those PDF's to Adobe Reader I cannot highlight the words for copying, for example (although when I want to make write a comment or highlight text in yellow it is possible to select exact words and letters).

My question is - what is the problem and what can I do to solve it?

Thanks!

OP
R

RadekSkylark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

Just wanted to update everyone - app called "PDF Max" solved this issue the best - I can search for words in my PDFs in that app, as well as highlight text and more. The best thing is that this all comes free.

Cheers

Most reactions