What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant log in to the ipad 2 forum

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "report" button that is on every page is for members to report posts that are problamatic, such as against forum rules or spam. It really isn't to report bugs...

With that said - can you please explain exactly what you mean when you say you can't log into the iPad2 Forum? I have no trouble getting to that section of the main forum via the web on my PC or iPad and no problem getting there with the iPF app on my iPad.

What exactly is the behavior you are getting?

Thanks.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
The "report" button that is on every page is for members to report posts that are problamatic, such as against forum rules or spam. It really isn't to report bugs...

With that said - can you please explain exactly what you mean when you say you can't log into the iPad2 Forum? I have no trouble getting to that section of the main forum via the web on my PC or iPad and no problem getting there with the iPF app on my iPad.

What exactly is the behavior you are getting?

Thanks.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Its working ok now, but when I tried this morning I had the same problem

When you tap to view posts in the section titled 'iPad 2 Forum' a message box would pop up with the options 'report' or cancel'.

The message box is a smaller version of the one below which I think you are aware of (I just got this again now)

image-3392164117.png

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, the dreaded parse error!

We have been notified of, and are working with the developer of the IPF app to get this problem fixed. It's taking a bit longer than we'd hoped...

So, all I can suggest at this time is to (1) keep trying until it works or (2) visit this forum via a web browser on the iPad.

See this thread for more details (and to know you're not alone): http://www.ipadforums.net/official-ipadforums-net-app-forum/49773-parse-error-ipf-forum-app.html

Yeah, not the greatest solution, but the best we can offer you right now. Sorry.

Marilyn

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also can't access to the forum inside (I could log in) from ipf app. No problem for Browsing, mail, App store etc. closed all my open app. in background, Restart and even I reset (by pressing the power and home buton at a time till the apple logo comes) the Ipad but no result. Can get in some pages but not all like 'Subscribed' and Ipad 2 forum under Ipad discussions. I chaged to different network but no use. I can get access from my laptop without any problem. Is there any idea ?
Now I delete the ipf and install it again from App store but the same probems persist.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mahmud57 said:
I also can't access to the forum inside (I could log in) from ipf app. No problem for Browsing, mail, App store etc. closed all my open app. in background, Restart and even I reset (by pressing the power and home buton at a time till the apple logo comes) the Ipad but no result. Can get in some pages but not all like 'Subscribed' and Ipad 2 forum under Ipad discussions. I chaged to different network but no use. I can get access from my laptop without any problem. Is there any idea ?
Now I delete the ipf and install it again from App store but the same probems persist.

Same situation here. Answer: What Marilyn said above. They're still working on fixing it. Use what part of the app you CAN use without errors coming up and/or use the web site until an update fix is provided.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions