What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant I setup my ipad 2 for the second time?

rcrc2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI, This is the scenario i am currently in.

Few days back bought an Ipad 2 wifi for my brother and using my Apple ID done the setup of that ipad using itunes.That works fine.(owner name is Arvind)

today i bought an new ipad 2 for me and tried setup that using itones and doing so i was prompted with two options:

option 1: Setup as a new ipad2
option 2: restore from the backup of:Arvind's ipad

I had selected the option 2 and hence my ipad2,s name also set as Arvind and his machines's fileas are now shown on my ipad 2.I changed my ipad.s name as Ram.

My question is: In this situation whether i can again register my ipad 2 but by choosing the option1 above? Is there any way to do that?
I am not sure sine two different ipad 2 devices but sharing the same itunes account would cause some synch issues.
pls clarify.

Thanks
Ram

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings

This erases everything so your iPad ends up as if it just came out of the box.

Then you can synch as if new. Synching multiple iPads on one iTunes account works fine. You can search threads for more details. There are plenty.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It's no problem having two iPads share the same account, it can be an advantage because it means you don't have to purchase things twice. You can set the sync settings up individually so there is no problem when syncing.

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Question: do you want to have the same info or is it that you only have on computer?

Cause iTunes will do sharing as long as you authorize it to. It's an option in one of the menus. Can only share up to 5 iTunes accounts. And then you can tell the iPad what to sync and what not kinda tedious.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

Most reactions