What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get to google bookstore with app

Stanastra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frustrating Bought Ipad2 for reading. I books to expensive. Downloaded google books but can't get to store

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the iBooks section, where I think it will receive better attention.

Tim

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I didn't know Google has a bookstore.

I would suggest you go to Amazon and get the Kindle app and bookmark their free ebooks. I have read so many really good free books that I check at least once a day to see what is new. I read "Under the Dome", Stephen King's last novel for free--it was an 1100 page book--it kept me riveted for a month. I don't think it is still available, but there are always good books to read for free, on the Amazon site.

OP
S

Stanastra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scrap google books

So your saying forget google and go to amazon? Why not kobo or any other provider?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I believe that Apple insisted that a number of apps selling books remove their 'buy' options - e.g. does not exist on my Kindle app - yesterday I went to Amazon via the Safari browser and purchased a book which loaded fine into my Kindle app.

The same is true w/ the Google books app - just took a look in the Apple App store and the update statement also indicates removal of the link to shop for ebooks there; via your browser, just go to ebooks.google.com.

I agree w/ you about the prices of these electronic book editions - often price is pretty much the same as the print edition - I don't understand why these digital editions should not be offered at a much reduced price, except for the greed of the publishers.

Of course, check out the 'free' book availability - some sites already mentioned; an additional one is the Gutenberg Project - thousands of books - now these are older ones in public domain, so don't expect recent releases.

Another option is to borrow ebooks from your local library - I use an app called OverDrive - the issue there is that a limited number of e copies are available and often you need to be put on a waiting list, plus in my library (assume true elsewhere), the book is released for just 2 weeks (well 2 of mine on the list came up at the same time, so there is no way that I can complete them in that time period!).

Good luck and post back if you find some more interesting sites - :)

Most reactions