What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't find app icon!!!! HELP!!!

bcrtj457

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im getting so frustrated. i have the ipad 2, and i have an app called IM pro installed. i can find it when i double tap my home button in the "runnning" apps but i can't find it anywhere on my ipad. when i search it it pops right up. i've looked through all my folders and can't find it! im about lose it!!!!

please someone help me find my lost app :(

OP
B

bcrtj457

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should mention that I've tried restarting my iPad. and it's jail broken.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bcrtj457 said:
I should mention that I've tried restarting my iPad. and it's jail broken.

This happens to me on my iPhone, have you got a lot of apps? If so I think springboard only allows a certain amount after that they don't show up but they do when you search for them, to test this delete a few apps you don't want, reboot and you should find the app appears.

I too am Jailbroken.

OP
B

bcrtj457

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newly downloaded apps are here.
I've never had this problem and it's driving me insane.

I've tried rebooting device and springboard. can't find it still.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You've done a restart. How about a reset.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

If that does not work, try going to Settings > General > Usage: Select the app under the Storage list and delete it. Go back to the App Store and download it again.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The other day was going to fix my DH's iPhone (I know, this is iPad..it's relevant, bear with me), and discovered his settings icon was , well just gone, and several others were. I could locate them using Search. Was a total mystery to me how he managed that. I got it to reappear by using search to go into settings, General, and all the way too the (same on iPad) is a simple reset. Touch the arrow key ,will give you several choices. Reset the home screen. Brought them all back. It does set the screens back to default. So if you have a certain order, you would have to redo. But it certain solved the issue. Apparently he was moving things around, and in s doing was making folders. I think he put the settings somewhere where it hid it. Whatever, it's worth a try.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just on the off chance...

Do you have SBSettings installed? If so, take a look in "More" and scroll all the way to the bottom to the line "Hide Icons." See if you've hidden the app you've been looking for.

If that's not it, and you don't have all your pages filled with apps, then I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
B

bcrtj457

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You've done a restart. How about a reset.

If that does not work, try going to Settings > General > Usage: Select the app under the Storage list and delete it. Go back to the App Store and download it again.

this worked thank you for all the responses!!!

bradjani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find the "Video" icon that comes standard on iPad. If I search for it, I can open it that way, but it's not on any page or in any folders. It is frustrating. I've checked the restrictions section and that doesn't seem to be an issue as 'show all' is my standard setting.

Please message me directly if you have any ideas. I used to have this icon, been gone for a few months now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you’re in a country where the new TV App is already activated, the next time you update your iPad, the Videos app will be replaced with the TV app. All the content in the Videos app is migrated to the TV app.
Here’s what the new TV app icon looks like.
F57C6DA3-6C0C-4FBE-8836-425ED3880236.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts