What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't download to PC from Internal Storage

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a couple of one-minute video clips on my iPad Air which I would like to get onto my PC hard drive. Windows Explorer brings up Internal Storage showing 1.22 Gb free of 14.9 GB but when I double click to change into the folder is tells me the folder is empty. I can see the clips on Camera Roll on the iPad and I can play them but the PC says they are not there.

How do I get at my files?

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Simplest solution, not knowing what other apps you have on your iPad. Select the video in Photos app and ‘share’ it to yourself via email. Very crude way of doing it, but it should work😊

OP
Expatriate

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both of them produced error messages to the effect that they were too big (that's horsefeathers!),

I found this to work:
1. Connect iPad to PC with USB cable
2. When the PC notices the iPad it pops a notification to the effect "What do you want to do with this file".
3. Click on that and up pops a dialog wit the images etc. in the iPad
4. Move the images you want to (for example) your desktop.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is well worth having FileBrowser, by Stratopherix, on your iPad. Amongst other things, it makes copying file easy between iPad and other destinations e.g. PC, cloud storage locations, etc.

And/or Readdle Documents is a very useful app to have, if you don’t have it already. While not targeted at this task, this also includes the ability to move files.

Most reactions

Latest posts