What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Delete Emails on iPad Air

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I feel bad brining this up again but I still see 1122 in the "red balloon" over the email icon. I actually don't have any now but this number still shows. I am at a loss as to how it got there and what I need to do to get rid of it. It's not a big thing....just annoying.

I can't remember if this has been suggested yet. Have you tried deleting and re-adding the account?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It has been suggested to someone else in this thread. Maybe it will help, in combination with force closing the Mail app:

Remove the account from Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars.
Then force close Mail: double tap the Home button to reveal the multitask bar. Slide the picture above the app icon towards the top of the screen.
Go back to Settings and reinstall the account.

What we didn't suggest so far was resetting the iPad. This won't remove any data or settings. Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo is visible, then release both and let the iPad power up.

Most reactions

Latest posts