What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't delete apps on new ipad mini

rshend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad mini (just purchased 2 days ago) won't delete apps - hold the icons down and they wiggle but the cross doesn't appear. Have checked my restrictions and delete apps is allowed. I'm not understanding how to "tag app, right click then select delete" instruction suggested by one user. How do I do this?
Thanks
Sarah

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad mini (just purchased 2 days ago) won't delete apps - hold the icons down and they wiggle but the cross doesn't appear. Have checked my restrictions and delete apps is allowed. I'm not understanding how to "tag app, right click then select delete" instruction suggested by one user. How do I do this? Thanks Sarah
Hi, Sarah! Welcome to iPF!

Some of the apps on your iPad can't be deleted. Those are the built in apps, that come with your decive, like App Store, Game Center, ...
If it's one of these that you try to delete, here's a suggestion: hide them on a homescreen that you rarely use, or put them into a folder on one of your homescreens.

The advice you read (tag app, ...) has to be done in iTunes on a computer, afaik.

Hope that helps.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, if you're on iOS 7, you have to double click the home button then swipe up on the preview window to close apps, if that's what you're trying to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts