What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot install BBC or ITV iPlayer apps

Reaction score
Hi

When trying to install either of these apps I get to the point where a window pops up asking me if I would like to choose three security questions at Apple so as to provide additional safeguard for my iPad. At this point I can see the app on the screen and it is marked as waiting. Right now I don't want to set up the three security questions so I choose "Cancel" and the app icon disappears from the screen. Needless to say, neither app gets installed.

Must I answer these security questions before I can download any further apps or is there a problem elsewhere that I don't realise? BTW, I am new to the iPad having always used PCs until now.

Thanks for any help.

David

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, you will need to go through the security question process, I did this some time ago, just the once and I haven't seen it again, but it'll provide Apple with a way of adding greater security to your account if there is any strange behaviour on your account.

The Archangel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MidnightChardonnay said:
Hi

When trying to install either of these apps I get to the point where a window pops up asking me if I would like to choose three security questions at Apple so as to provide additional safeguard for my iPad. At this point I can see the app on the screen and it is marked as waiting. Right now I don't want to set up the three security questions so I choose "Cancel" and the app icon disappears from the screen. Needless to say, neither app gets installed.

Must I answer these security questions before I can download any further apps or is there a problem elsewhere that I don't realise? BTW, I am new to the iPad having always used PCs until now.

Thanks for any help.

David

If Apple asks you for these security questions,you must set up the answers to these questions and provide the answers to them when asked or you won't be allowed to do anything requiring the use of your Apple ID.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Coming from a very long background of Windows, Microsoft and PCs where you can - almost - accept or disregard things at will the strict "regime" at Apple takes a little getting used to!

David

Most reactions

Latest posts