What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canera icon on lock page

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fter updating to IOS 5.1 i do not get the camera icon on my lock screen. Is this a feature for the iPad or is it only for the iphone? Oni my iPhone the icon appears but does nothing when i tap on it. On my iPad all i get is a picture frame and if i double tap bring up the music app. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From Apple:

Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)

Cobra Jet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new camera icon on the lock screen - to activate the camera function, you do not "tap" it. Put your finger on the icon and "scroll it upwards", the lock screen will then scroll up and the camera is now instantly activated. It works in similar fashion to the "notifications" screen access.

:)

OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the answer is that the camera shortcut on the lock screen is on,y available on the iPhone, itouch but not the iPad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts