What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancel Restore/Recovery Mode

SkySaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - my wife accidentally put her iPad into recovery mode (she did a hard reset while the iPad was connected to her computer and iTunes).

Is there any way to cancel the recovery mode without having to go through the whole process?

So far I have tried holding the sleep+power buttons until the iPad shuts off and then begins to show the silver Apple logo, but it just comes right back into recovery mode.

Thanks for any help,

Mark

OP
S

SkySaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the video that appears in the post at the suggested threads pane at the bottom of the screen as well, but it did not work?!

By the way, the iPad is not jailbroken.

Mark

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second TinyUnbrella. It kicked my iPhone 4 out of recovery mode after applying the 4.2.1 update. Got itunes error saying there was a problem. Kicked it out with tinyumbrella and she fired right up....

Michael

Most reactions