What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian iBook Suggestions

grieblm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This looks like an interesting place with lots of discussion about our favourite slate, the iPad.

I was among the first in Canada to receive my iPad and am the proud owner of the 64GB, 3GS, WiFi model.

Like many others here I am frustrated with Apple's inability to bring content to their Canadian iBook store. :( I have been successfully buying books at other stores and transferring them to my iPad to read with the iBook reader (which I think is the best reader out there). If you buy non-ePub books, they can also be translated into ePub format by an excellent program called Calibre (non-DRMed books only, though). Of course, DRM can be removed in a variety of ways so is really useless to protect anyone and just annoys legitimate owners of books.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have access to Kobo, Kindle, Stanza with Books On Board and La hutte in French.

There's enough reading available there for two lifetimes.

OP
G

grieblm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is Smashwords available they are pretty good

Yes. We also have access to Fictionwise (they have a lot of sales and specials) and Baen Books for collections of SF.

Still it would be nice to have a choice and at least be able to see what the iBook store offers. Competition is good for price wars.

As was said, there are enough other eBook stores that we can get most books and have some shopping options to get the best price.

Most reactions

Latest posts