What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you track an iPad in sleep mode

Bobgaudette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad came up missing tonight. It has mobile me installed and when in my house connects to my Internet automatically. I had a bunch of guests over, so the question is dud I misplace it or did someone take it. I know the last time I used it, it was connected to the Internet and I put it in sleep mode. I cannot track it with MobileMe! So the question is can your track it, aka does it stay connected to the Internet while in sleep mode?

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as it's in reach of your WiFi, it does.
I guess it's out of reach if you don't find it.
It might make sense to search every few minutes until whoever stole it connetcs it to their own WiFi.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Send a message and sound to the iPad. If it wakes up and can connect it will tone and the message will appear. If it's locked and does not connect automatically to open wifi networks, and is wifi only, it will probably never connect again where you can track it... Sorry.

If someone stole it, they can wipe it clean without it ever waking up and telling you where itvis...

-t

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should be able to still send the alert to it along as the location services are still on.

Hope you find it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts