What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 won't go into sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi I know that this may be a stupid question but for some reason my ipad 2 won't go into sleep mode.
I hope I'm using the right terminology here. By sleep mode I mean I can have my ipad cover open for several minutes and the screen won't go into a sleep mode or go blank even though it is not being used all.
I know before it used to go to sleep within a very short time - now it dosn't sleep at all.
Is there a setting for this somewhere - I for the life of me cannot find it
Thank you

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now I really feel stupid - I knew it was out there somewhere but, for the life of me I just couldn't find it.
Thank you - my ipad is now sleeping nicely

Jamielay37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried this??!!
It's the proper way to get your iPad to sleep.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jamielay and welcome to the forum. Loved that video... my teddy and IPad will definitely be put to sleep with warm hugs tonight:) But you are responding to a member's post, and a satisfactory solution, of nearly three years ago. So, let's close this very old thread, eh?.
Enjoy the forum and keep on posting!
Regards, Andrew
.......................................... THREAD CLOSED ..............................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts