What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can we print from the ipad???

nbtgm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can print. I use wireless HP Envy printer. Works like a dream.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
is this possible?? how?

Sure, I do it all of the time - there are plenty of choices - first, if you have an AirPrint compatible printer (check HERE for more information); second, if you do not have such a printer, third party apps are available that will allow you to print from the iPad - I use a program called FingerPrint (check HERE) which has been oft recommended on the forum - just a $10 program installed onto your computer attached to the printer - prints wireless when on the same Wi-Fi network - other choices exist! :)

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, we can...but its a tad more convoluted than Id like it to be. Actually, it should be easier than it is seeing as Apple makes everything pretty easy for users with most things. Third party apps and using other computers is doable but far from convenient and brings its own set of potential snags. IMO, they should have a much larger list of compatible printers than they do. Also, some printers like my Cannon have an app but its only good for photo printing. Bleh.

Id like to see printer support be a major improvement on the iPad 3.

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd like to see a tiny dedicated battery powered portable mono printer for the Ipad.

locoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't own an AirPrint compatable printer, so I have been using PrintCentral Pro and WePrint to print via my desk top computer to WiFi Dell deskjet or my non-wifi Dell laser jet and non-wifi HP large format printers. I could justify buying a 4th printer, just to use AirPrint.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Print n Share app. Worth every penny.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

hansdad1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Print Central Pro is a great program. I use it and print over WiFi OR over 3G.
However, you DO have to have a wireless printer.
Good luck!

locoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI
I installed WePrint on my desk computer and I can print to both of my non-wifi printers that are connected via USB cables to my disk top, in addition to WiFi printer. The disk top computer acts as a print server.

OP
litigator_ph

litigator_ph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all the great information and assistance as well..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried a couple of apps on the iPad but got rid of them all once I installed the $10 Fingerprint on my computer, nothing to install on your iPad, it just sees all your printers when you go to print. Nothing could be easier nor more idiot-proof!

The one drawback, and for some people a big drawback, is that your computer with Fingerprint must be on for it to work!

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yarrenbool said:
I tried a couple of apps on the iPad but got rid of them all once I installed the $10 Fingerprint on my computer, nothing to install on your iPad, it just sees all your printers when you go to print. Nothing could be easier nor more idiot-proof!

The one drawback, and for some people a big drawback, is that your computer with Fingerprint must be on for it to work!

It didn't work with my older HP desk jet printer. All I got was garbled print all run together. I deleted it from my PC. :(

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
edjrwinnt said:
I use a free utility called AirPrint Activator. You install it on the computer your printer is attached to.

Are you using the Mac or Windows version of this? I can't seem to get the Windows version to download. Does it work on ios5?

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts