What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can u restore to 5.0.1?

ztorque

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have ipad2 jailbroken on 5.0.1 and microphone stop working can i restore back to 5.0.1 or not.

thanks

Martinbowden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No don't think you can I had mic issue and took into apple store said when I updated mic stopped working didn't tell them it was jb got new one free

OP
Z

ztorque

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No don't think you can I had mic issue and took into apple store said when I updated mic stopped working didn't tell them it was jb got new one free

you got lucky I'm afraid to take it like that and then they don't honor the warranty.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i have ipad2 jailbroken on 5.0.1 and microphone stop working can i restore back to 5.0.1 or not.

thanks

No, you can't restore that iPad2 back to iOS 5.0.1. If you restore it, you will have to install iOS 5.1 on it (and thus lose your jail break).

Sorry.

Marilyn

Martinbowden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you update you will be able to take in to apple store but you will loss jail break

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im sure theres some 'hackerish' way to do it, no?

There is no way, at this time, to restore an iPad2 to any iOS version than 5.1. And, once an iPad2 is ON iOS 5.1, there is no jail break for it. We are waiting, and hoping, for a jail break, but there is nothing so far.

So again, no, there is no "hacker-ish" way. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Z

ztorque

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks guys i will have to wait and see

Most reactions