What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Ipad be re-registered to a new user?

mpengle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. Was curious about re-registering an Ipad. If I was to buy a wifi Ipad now and use it until I get my 3G one, could I somehow de-register the wifi one so I could then give it to my aunt to use? Or is it not possible? Thanks for any help.

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re-registering on a different PC or re-registering a new owner for warranty purposes?

If a new owner, I wonder if you could follow the same process if you made a mistake in registration?

From Apple:

4. I made a mistake in my registration. How do I change it?

Please go back to Apple - Product Registration - Welcome and reregister with the current information.

https://register.apple.com/html/en_US/faq.html

As far as registering with a new PC, I believe all that needs to be done is to de-authorize the ipad on the old pc and authorize it on the new.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re-registering on a different PC or re-registering a new owner for warranty purposes?

If a new owner, I wonder if you could follow the same process if you made a mistake in registration?

From Apple:

Please go back to Apple - Product Registration - Welcome and reregister with the current information.

As far as registering with a new PC, I believe all that needs to be done is to de-authorize the ipad on the old pc and authorize it on the new.

I would also assume that a 'hard reset' function is available - that would put it back to factory state for your Aunt.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

From Apple:

I would also assume that a 'hard reset' function is available - that would put it back to factory state for your Aunt.

In itunes restore to factory state do not sync then de-authorize the ipad in itunes in your account Change of address etc details posted above by another user

ipaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unregister Ipad

I called apple support today and was told by a very unpleasant man that they cannot take a name off of a registered Ipad. The new owner just needs to go online or call and register it under their name.

Paddy

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
de-register iPad

As you probably know by now, Apple is offering the iPad today online for $41.00 less than the previously listed price for the 32GB 3G unit. I bought one last week from Walmart, downloaded several "for pay" apps and registered the unit with an Apple ID. Now, to save the $41.00 I will return the unit to Walmart and order the one from Apple with free engraving and shipping. Question: With the comments posted above taken into consideration, has anyone else had the same experience? I will delete the previously stored info on the Walmart iPad but I was wondering, will I be able to change the registration with Apple or will they see the new iPad as a second unit.

Most reactions

Latest posts