What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the iPad 3 be mounted as a drive on Mac or Windows?

intern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the iPad 3 be mounted as a regular drive on a Windows or Mac computer so I can run a data recovery program on it?

Thanks.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can use it as a "flash drive" like partition, but it does requires a tweak to be preinstalled or requires actual utilities on your computer like iFunBox to tunnel your device

OP
I

intern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded and installed iFunBox, but what I see is more of a file explorer. The iPad still doesn't appear as an accesible drive in Windows Explorer or Finder.
Could you provide me a link with more info on the needed tweak?

Thanks.

OP
I

intern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some pictures and videos for which there's no backup.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some pictures and videos for which there's no backup.

If you deleted photos and videos from your iPad and there is no backup available for your iPad, you won't, unfortunately, be able to recover your deleted photos and videos. The iPad does not have the PC equivalent of a trash bin where you can recover recently deleted items.

OP
I

intern

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it is possible to recover deleted files. Not 100% sure what happens when a file is deleted, but I think it is just marked as available free space though the file is still there until it gets overwritten. I have tried programs from Tenorshare and Wondershare, they do work, the problem is it seems they only seem to do a very quick scan. The reason why I want to mount the iPad as a drive on a Windows or Mac computer is so I can run a desktop data recovery program on it and do a very thorough scan.

Most reactions

Latest posts