What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can some please explain to me

Mamamia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why digital copies of magazines and movies are so expensive. Right now to rent a movie on iTunes it costs 5.99. To rent a movie at the local video store is under 5.00. How can the suppliers cost be justified?

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They justify it as it is probably a third of the actual purchase price and most people only want to watch something once anyways.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The old-Media fogies don't want to update their ancient business models. They don't realize that they aren't competing against landfill-choking paper and CDs, but instead bit torrent.

It is easier to torrent a copy of a DVD that I own than it is to rip it, and use it as I want - on my iPad - which would be illegal if I lived in America!

I would pay an extra dollar above the Newspaper, Magazine or DVD price if I could also download a digital copy to enjoy on my iPad. I would also pay a fair price for digital content without hardcopy - but it has to be dramatically cheaper than hardcopy.

Or why not make a digital TV show free if it has the original advertisements that you can't skip - just like on TV?

I think Apple is right, a buck for a TV show is the right price.

Most reactions

Latest posts