What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Ipad 2 print from any wireless HP printer?

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an HP Photosmart C4780. It's wireless. Does anyone if it'll work with Ipad 2? Mine hasn't arrived yet.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it can print from your iPad to your wireless printer as long as the wireless printer is being read by your iPad.

wahoowad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it can print from your iPad to your wireless printer as long as the wireless printer is being read by your iPad.

I have a wireless HP printer (C7200 series) and my iPad doesn't seem to see it...? :confused:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the print and share app. Can print to "ANY" wireless printer. Not just airprint capable printers. It's the best around!

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

chazmink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a Mac try Printopia. I use it with three HP printers on my home network.
Otherwise, Google iPad print pc and you will see several options.
Good luck,
Charlie

Wilder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the print and share app. Can print to "ANY" wireless printer. Not just airprint capable printers. It's the best around!

I can vouch for Print-n-Share as an excellent App. It's well worth the price and does a lot more than printing from any WiFi printer.

Riyo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wilder said:
I can vouch for Print-n-Share as an excellent App. It's well worth the price and does a lot more than printing from any WiFi printer.

Does this app still work? I hear a lot about other apps from the same company not working anymore since their last upgrade

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works fine - except that you now can't do in app printing - and no app can now after the latest set of upgrades - except from within their own app - i.e. an app can't install itself in the print menu of another app

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It works fine - except that you now can't do in app printing - and no app can now after the latest set of upgrades - except from within their own app - i.e. an app can't install itself in the print menu of another app

Tim
Scotland

Print'n'Share still supports AirPrint, meaning that the printer shows up in apps such as Pages, but after pressing print, one gets automatically redirected to Print'n'share and then has to press print again. But the app last got updated in January, which may explain why the feature hasn't been removed yet.

Another interesting feature is, that when Print'n'share is running on one iPad, another iPad without Print'n'Share can still print. Print'nshare integrates itself as a printer into any iOS device on the same network.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim
Scotland

Print'n'Share still supports AirPrint, meaning that the printer shows up in apps such as Pages, but after pressing print, one gets automatically redirected to Print'n'share and then has to press print again. But the app last got updated in January, which may explain why the feature hasn't been removed yet.

Another interesting feature is, that when Print'n'share is running on one iPad, another iPad without Print'n'Share can still print. Print'nshare integrates itself as a printer into any iOS device on the same network.

Wow - those are some seriously clever guys - OK, get Print N Share before they remove the in app printing feature. twerppoet has speculated that PrintCentral and Print N Share use an undocumented API in iOS to integrate themselves into the Print menus of apps that support in-app printing and that the 'App Police' have told them to remove this feature.

Tim
Scotland

BuayaGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Officially, the only HP printers that natively support the iPad (and iPhone) are the newest models that state they have "e-Print" technology built in.

I have one of these printers, and it works pretty seamlessly. e-Print also lets you set up an email address that the printer checks every so often, and you can email pictures, documents or whatever from *any* device capable of emailing, and the printer will have it ready for you within a few minutes.

Of course you can still get printer apps from the app store as others have said.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:

That's really cool n smart. So as long as iOS on same network as the one with printnshare, printing can be done with other devices. Ingenious!

Jailbroken...need I say more ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts