What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i watch hulu on ipad 2?

TonyIsSocial

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a plus account, so that app works fine. Although it recognizes it as mobile so there are restrictions.

Ipad2Woman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, I can watch Hulu perfectly on my iPad 2 with the iSwifter flash browser. Surprised it works so well. Works super with streaming media sites.

modru2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried iswifter for hulu and the videos were slightly choppy. Does this just affect the free version? Does it play better after you purchase it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just use the Hulu Plus app. Yes, I know I could try and go a free route, but since the $7.99 is my only movie/tv watching expense I don't feel especially tempted.

There is plenty to watch, but it would be nice if they got more of their content available on the iPad. And they are. But it does seem to be taking a while. In the mean time you do get a few benefits from paying for Hulu Plus, even on the computer. Many of the programs that used to have expiration dates to watch now are available in my Queue indefinitely. Takes the pressure off keeping up with my favorite series.

modru2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use the Hulu Plus app. Yes, I know I could try and go a free route, but since the $7.99 is my only movie/tv watching expense I don't feel especially tempted.

There is plenty to watch, but it would be nice if they got more of their content available on the iPad. And they are. But it does seem to be taking a while. In the mean time you do get a few benefits from paying for Hulu Plus, even on the computer. Many of the programs that used to have expiration dates to watch now are available in my Queue indefinitely. Takes the pressure off keeping up with my favorite series.

the problem with the hulu app is that you are limited to certain kinds of content. you don't get access to everything hulu has.:(

which is why im searching for an alternative. i may investigate playon more if i can't get iswifter to work better.

Newbie123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hulu Plus after the Free Trial Week

I clicked the Hulu Plus app today to see if I can still access it after my free trial week came to an end. I thought maybe I could access it as a regular Hulu. I clicked on Family Guy and started watching it. Up top it said my free trial ended, but it continued to play. Does anyone know if there is a glitch or if the Hulu Plus app reverts to a regular Hulu when the trial ends and I was able to watch Family Guy because it was the most recent episode. I didn't try other episodes, because I was afraid they would charge me, even though they never asked for a credit card.

Most reactions