What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I use keyboard with iPad

Habisheck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I have a lightning otg adapter can connect my wireless keyboard and mouse with ipad?
please help me to find this . cause l’m looking for a new bt keyboard . can I use my old wireless keyboard with iPad?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That keyboard is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 or later. It’s not possible to use it with an iPad:
E267304D-70B5-4622-B209-85981B6ACEA2.jpeg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m using this one with both my iPads and my MacBook Pro:

OP
Habisheck

Habisheck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I have a otg adapter is it possible to use that keyboard

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn’t work with Apple devices. The keyboard connects to Windows computers only, so it’s not possible to use it.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
Hello there,

I hope this is the right board for this, if not my apologies. I’ve been debating for a while on getting a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for my iPad (6th gen), but since I had a desktop PC at the time I didn’t bother. About 2 months ago my desktop PC officially “kicked the bucket” so I have been using my iPad a lot more. Problem is I’m clueless on Bluetooth or how to make it work. I have never used any equipment of any type that used Bluetooth so I’m completely clueless.

Do I need any special software, or equipment of any type to get Bluetooth to work or if (want to make sure I have a understanding of how it works before purchasing anything) or do I just need the items (in this case being my iPad,a Bluetooth compatible keyboard and mouse) and I’m good to go?

Thanks so much for any help!
Not BT, but…..I use a Magic keyboard and a gen2 iPad Pro,and it’s awe!the keyboard clings tenaciously to the iPad with magnets,charges via contact points,and has a usb-c port so i can plug accessories into the iPad that keyboard runs R300 for my 11”, which in retrospect is worth every freaking penny charged, its a real keyboard, with a scissor mechanism and a mm of key press travel. Even better? IT`S BACKLIT!!!! Beautiful little thing……it’s space grey,so those lt keys totally pop.I’m in love. L

Attachments

• 436CDE1A-BD87-4E90-8CFE-09691291264E.jpeg
    436CDE1A-BD87-4E90-8CFE-09691291264E.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 113

Most reactions

Latest posts