What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i upgrade my ipad2 to ios5 while my ipad1 is jb yet use the same itunes libray?

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Want to upgrade the iPad 2 but still use my JB iPad 1 ios4 is it possible ?

I use am iMac 27" i7, 12gb ram

Os10 not lion

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure. Your iTunes recognizes those two iPads as separate entitites, so whatever you do to one won't affect the other.

The worst that will happen is - once you update iTunes and download that iOS version - iTunes will tell you there is a new software version for you iPad1. Just say no! :D

At least, that's how it works for me as I run my mom's stock iPad2 through the same iTunes where I run my JB iPad1. So, it should be the same for you.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

OP
F

FrenchTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sure. Your iTunes recognizes those two iPads as separate entitites, so whatever you do to one won't affect the other.

The worst that will happen is - once you update iTunes and download that iOS version - iTunes will tell you there is a new software version for you iPad1. Just say no! :D

At least, that's how it works for me as I run my mom's stock iPad2 through the same iTunes where I run my JB iPad1. So, it should be the same for you.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Thanks allot

I hope a jb for iOS 5 is out, what's the best route for now, go ios5 and save a blob or whatever that's called, my friend never did that then she with her jb ios4 and she had an issue and was forced to restore, no blobs while another friend was lucky and backed up a blob with tiny umbrella, did you use this method or recommend it until the next jb for ios5?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, you can JB the iPad1 with a tethered jail break on iOS 5. There is no jailbreak on iOS 5 for the iPad2 yet - that one you'll just have to keep watch for.

Apple's whole process of signing erosions has changed with iOS 5, so blobs after 4.3.5 aren't going to do you any good (can't use them like we did).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts