What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I restore my itunes from ipad

Andygo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new pc after my old one died. Can i populate my new itunes install from my ipad?

When i try and sync the pc itunes says that this is a different pc and it wants to erase my ipad files.

Any ideas?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it will do it regardless(kinda), but it would have been good, if you made a backup of itunes and transferred to this new one, and if you didn't de-authorized that itunes on that pc, it is stuck there, no worries tho, you have 5 authorizations, you will use one on this new pc.

here is what you do, authorize this new pc first, connect to your ipad to itunes, right click on your ipad in left screen, you will see 4 options, and select transfers purchases first, and then backup after....this way your new pc is up to date with what is on your ipad.

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
music, video and pictures, will not be included in that backup you just did, only stuff in camera roll will be backed up, apps and all settings too.
you will have to sync new music, video and pictures from the new pc, unless you choose dont bother with the sync of them.
but the only way you can sync media(music, video and pics), from your new pc, you will lose the ones on the ipad, basically start over.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts