What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i connect flash drive in ipad

shibbu sharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can i connect anykind of flash drives in my ipad

Can i use flash drives i read in apple site there have something we can connect our flash drives to ipad
Help me

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
U should see tis link there have something we can use flash drive very easy

And u can also search in youtube about flash drive use for ipad
This is litte expensive butusefulll
And i think wifi transfer also is veryusefull for transfer video but need wifi modem
Just check this link
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter

That is a 30 pin to lightning adaptor, it has nothing to do with flash drives, it's for converting old 30 pin accessories so that they work with iDevices that have the lightning connector.

The Archangel

OP
S

shibbu sharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes i know that but in youtube also have somevideos u can see and check how to use flash drives in ipad

And one option is av hd player this is super if u buy tis then u not need to use flash drives u can transfer videos directy
U can transfer 1 gb within 5 mins
Friend trynto search in youtube some videos how to use flash drive inipad

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes i know that but in youtube also have somevideos u can see and check how to use flash drives in ipad

And one option is av hd player this is super if u buy tis then u not need to use flash drives u can transfer videos directy
U can transfer 1 gb within 5 mins
Friend trynto search in youtube some videos how to use flash drive inipad

Hi Shibbu - your posts are not only confusing but also do not explain what your intentions are concerning attaching a 'flash drive' to your iPad - please explain clearly so that others can provide some specific advice. First, a standard USB flash drive for transfer of files cannot be attached to a stock iPad (meaning one that is not jailbroken); second, the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) which has been linked in one post works w/ digital cameras - there are 2 options, i.e. SD card adapter or a USB adapter for the camera (this will not work w/ a standard USB flash drive). Now there are a number of 'wireless' options to transfer your files to & from the iPad, BUT w/o knowing your needs, advice is hard to give. So, to re-emphasize, you must better describe what you want to do - Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Giraden plz see this video

Preparing a USB Flash Drive to work with an iPad - YouTube
And see have some video in youtube how to connect any usb flash drive inur ipad

Hi again ShibbuSharma - I looked at the video and the purpose is specific to putting images on a USB flash drive to upload to the iPad - NOW, you still have not explained your needs, i.e. do you just want to upload pics or do you want to also add non-image files? The latter will just not work - this topic related to image uploads via the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) using either a SD card or USB drive is an oft discussed topic on this forum - I've contributed to many of these threads - one HERE dating back two years (many others after that time) - for uploading pics, the iPad recognizes a DCIM folder on a digital camera's SD card (now you might be able to 'trick' the device using an USB flash drive w/ a DCIM folder as described in the video) - the individual images must be labelled in a similar fashion to those taken by the camera - a search of the forum will likely bring up many more hits on this topic.

Bottom line - if you are only interested in getting images on your iPad using an USB flash drive, then you will been a CCK and will also have to put the image files onto the drive w/i the requirements in the first paragraph; it is easier to use a camera's SD card for these purposes. AGAIN, if you are trying to 'format' an USB flash drive to do other that transfer images, then NOT a possibility - see the other suggestions. Good luck and if you indeed find a way to transfer non-image files via a connection to the iPad's dock station, then please let us know! :) Dave

OP
S

shibbu sharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes ur right ut my need is i want to use flash drive for watch movies

I have wifi transfer and i alreday transfer 100 movies via wifi and watch it alreday
But it is only for information i wanted to know can i use flash drive for upload videos movies
But i think after read ur reply it is not possible to upload videos via flash drive only it can possible to wifi transfer
I have avhd player Nd i use this player

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes ur right ut my need is i want to use flash drive for watch movies

I have wifi transfer and i alreday transfer 100 movies via wifi and watch it alreday
But it is only for information i wanted to know can i use flash drive for upload videos movies
But i think after read ur reply it is not possible to upload videos via flash drive only it can possible to wifi transfer
I have avhd player Nd i use this player

You are correct - you cannot use the connection kit to transfer /watch movies on the iPad - if you are on a stock iPad. If you have jail broken your iPad, yes, you can. But, not on a stock one (you can only use it to view/transfer pictures (as shown in your last linked video).

Marilyn

Naderhany

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Shibbu, i have an iPad 2 RevA, if your iPad is jailbroken, you are able to connect Some Low Power consuming USB flash drives to the iPad with the camera connection kit, you need iFile , Cxmb.
With those two jailbreaking apps, you can play nearly any video format Directly from the flash drive ,i used to do that when i was on iOS 6.1.2 , watching The Walking Dead Seasons without even consuming any Space from the iPad.
And no, it's not that power consuming at all :)
In my case with my iPad 2 RevA, i used 2 USB flash drives (Sandisk 8gb,16gb). , sandisk seem to work very good with me.
I also go one 8gb Kingston drive to work.
Hope this helped & have fun :)

Most reactions

Latest posts