What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording Video and Guitar Simultaneously

mrnameless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, hopefully you guys can answer my question.
I'm wondering if there is a way to simultaneously record audio from a guitar signal and video from my iPad's camera at the same time.
I have seen the Amplitube iRig adapter and it's associated app, and heard that you can record video and a guitar signal at the same time from within the app, but i'm not entirely sure.

So basically, is there any app out there that lets you plug in your guitar and record both audio and visual simultaneously? Preferably with a decent effects and 'tone adjusting system' as the iRig.
Thankyou! :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the guitar is just replacing the iPad mic, then if you plug in with a supplied interface you could technically use any camera app to record. You would need a headphone jack connector for your guitar or one of the solutions for plug in via the 30 pin connector.

OP
M

mrnameless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
If the guitar is just replacing the iPad mic, then if you plug in with a supplied interface you could technically use any camera app to record. You would need a headphone jack connector for your guitar or one of the solutions for plug in via the 30 pin connector.

Thanks for that, do you now of a good camera app I could use??

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mrnameless said:
Thanks for that, do you now of a good camera app I could use??

None that stand out for me. I personally use my iPhone more for filming than my iPad. The stock app is OK, unless you have certain features in mind.

Most reactions