What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can AT&T ipad 2 work with verizon cell phone as 3G mobile hotspot?

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm noticing I do get better coverage with my verizon 3G on my phone than I do with the AT& T 3G on my iPad 2 when out. I am not even close to using my data I purchased from AT& T so I'm thinking just using my phone as wifi catcher might work out better.....BUT does it matter if phone is Verizon & iPad 2 is AT&T? I bet it won't work?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should work just fine but

remember that Verizon's data throughput is about half as fast as AT&T's. Verizon beats AT&T for voice speed but way slower with data speed.

Let us know how it works for you.

OP
anmanwar

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Price

Called Verizon yesterday and if I turn the mobile hotspot feature on my phone it's a flat rate of $20/ month. I assume that's for unlimited data since my phone data plan is unlimited. However I had a hard time this month and only managed to use 390 out of the 2GB purchased on iPad. Not sure what I will do....don't want to keep purchasing too much data each month but the $14.99 plan through AT&T is only 200 so I would have to watch carefully so I wouldn't go over. I don't know.....at this time I am undecided.

Most reactions