What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I use Verizon Ipad 2 + 3G in Belgium?

Natsroses

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am moving to Belgium in 2 weeks and wanted to know whether I can use the Verizon Ipad 2 + 3G there or if only the AT&T will work.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Nathalie

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid that, as far as 3G is concerned, only the AT&T version will work outside the USA and a very few other countries. Belgium uses GSM - that's the standard that the AT&T iPad uses - but not CDMA (that's the Verizon standard).

But don't despair!! There are plenty of WiFi access points (Hotspots) in Belgium but, even better, you can buy a MiFi unit and then sign up to a local GSM service provider and create a WiFi Hotspot for your iPad. A MiFi is a small - very small - unit that has a GSM SIM card inside and then broadcasts a WiFi signal that your iPad can receive. They can be bought SIM-free or on contract and are a very cost-effective alternative to a 3G iPad.

Tim

Most reactions