What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can apps share access to the same file?

omnipheasant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings. New Ipad 2 here, and I'm trying to compare Goodreader and Iannotate. I've loaded some files via the Goodreader app in Itunes. If I want to open the same file in Iannotate, do I have to load another copy via Iannotate in Itunes? Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Goodreader has "Open In" capabilities, so you can open your document in iAnnotate from your Goodreader app on the iPad.

On the iPad, when Goodreader/your document is open, tap on it to get the menus open. In the bottom right, you'll see an arrow. Tap on that and you'll see an "Open In" option. Once you tap on that, you'll get two options: (1) to open the file "as is" or (2) to "flatten" the file (hard bake any Goodreader annotations you've made).

Pick which one of the two you want to do and you'll get a menu of apps that you can open the document in. iAnnotate should be one of those options and once you select it, it'll open right up.

Then, you can switch back and forth between them. You can also save the file in iAnnotate after you've opened it from Goodreader (no iTunes necessary).

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

OP
O

omnipheasant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I feel at sea without the option of directing a program to load files from a folder.

Most reactions

Latest posts