What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera kit, sd card, mp4s?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sooooo, my time capsule-iPad connection idea hasn't worked... So I'm looking for an alternative to watch my movies on the iPad. I have the cam connection kit, sd cards, and tons of movies in mp4 format, but so far no luck. I've given the videos a name of 8 characters and placing them within a "DCIM" folder as google advises, but still nothing. I know that since iOS 4.2, the have been problems with non-camera videos and pics loading up, but I figure I'd ask the community and see if anyone has found something that works.

So has anyone found a way to play mp4 files from an sd card on an iPad? (I have an iPad 3, ios6 - no jailbreak)

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you say 8 characters, are they like this 100_0001.jpg and 100_0002.jpg and so on ? If not the ipad won't see them inside the DCIM directory.

Most reactions

Latest posts