What's new

Camera Kit does not work with 4.2.1

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Joined
Oct 10, 2010
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
I bought the Camera Connection Kit yesterday. I wanted to use the USB connection with my phone (Droid) and my camera (Nikon P&S). When I hooked either of those up to the kit, I got an error message, "The connected USB device requires too much power"

I thought it was supposed to work with any camera. The SD kit works just fine...but I don't want to constantly take my SD card out of the camera, and I can't use it with my phone...

It works just fine with my Dad's iPod Touch (4th Gen)...and from what Apple says, it works just fine with the iPhone (which I can't get until VZW releases it)

So, I am faced with a dilemma now. What can I do to get it to work?

I'm not JB at the moment, because I've been waiting for an untethered.

I did call Apple, and they said it is a widespread issue, and it may be fixed in the 4.3 update, but she couldn't be sure.
 
There is no JB solution yet, apples reduced the power output from 100mah to 20mah. This causes issues for many people (myself included) I can use some SD cards and a few old usb flash drives.
 
Last edited:
The USB doesn't work for most cameras. Just have too use the SD card.... Not sure why they lowered the power but it's stuck supporting mostly apple devices.
 
Last edited:
The USB doesn't work for most cameras. Just have too use the SD card.... Not sure why they lowered the power but it's stuck supporting mostly apple devices.

Fixed.

CCF will not work on the iPhone. Tried it. It says that it is not supported and will go no further.
 
The USB doesn't work for most cameras. Just have too use the SD card.... Not sure why they lowered the power but it's stuck supporting mostly apple devices.

Fixed.

CCF will not work on the iPhone. Tried it. It says that it is not supported and will go no further.

I was referring to using it iPhone to iPad. Not using the kit on the iPhone.
 
I bought the Camera Connection Kit yesterday. I wanted to use the USB connection with my phone (Droid) and my camera (Nikon P&S). When I hooked either of those up to the kit, I got an error message, "The connected USB device requires too much power"

I thought it was supposed to work with any camera. The SD kit works just fine...but I don't want to constantly take my SD card out of the camera, and I can't use it with my phone...

It works just fine with my Dad's iPod Touch (4th Gen)...and from what Apple says, it works just fine with the iPhone (which I can't get until VZW releases it)

So, I am faced with a dilemma now. What can I do to get it to work?

I'm not JB at the moment, because I've been waiting for an untethered.

I did call Apple, and they said it is a widespread issue, and it may be fixed in the 4.3 update, but she couldn't be sure.
Camera connector works fine with Canon 40D running iOS 4.2.1
 
@rocshaus Using the USB connector? Perhaps the higher end SLRs are good. Just weird that a simple P&S uses too much power, lol
 
Okay ~ so bear with me. I was going to get the camera kit today, but if I am reading this thread right, it might not work with my new camera?
 
The problem is probably due to the last os upgrade reducing the usb voltage.
 
Okay ~ so bear with me. I was going to get the camera kit today, but if I am reading this thread right, it might not work with my new camera?
Wait, wait! The camera might not work when plugged in directly but if you remove the memory card from the camera and insert that in the kit it will work... I've been doing this right from the start. My Sony uses MemoryStick cards so I put that card in it's own reader that I plug in the USB camera kit and plug that in the iPad... The thing measures a foot long but it works fine.:D

The camera kit was never intended to plug all cameras directly in. It favors their cards.

Do you know how to remove your camera's card, Marie?
 
Last edited:
Okay ~ so bear with me. I was going to get the camera kit today, but if I am reading this thread right, it might not work with my new camera?
Wait, wait! The camera might not work when plugged in directly but if you remove the memory card from the camera and insert that in the kit it will work...

Yes, I knew that, Ivan. Thanks for reminding me. I decided not to buy a card, as my new camera holds 143 pictures with out one. That is plenty for me!
 
My Olympus camera works fine with my camera connection kit. I couldn't get it work with my phone but I expected that. I wish it would work with a camcorder but I guess that's too much to ask for.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom