What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Need a calendar app that works on all operating systems that will allow the following:
Employees to view available dates for time off requests
Send requests for time off to the administrator
See who will be out/off certain days
Only changeable by the administrator.
Does such a calendar exist?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Google, iCloud, Yahoo, and most other cloud services offer the ability to share view only calendars. Most calendar apps (including the native iOS app) will let you view and edit the calendar (provided you own it). The people you share it will will only be able to view it.

Worst case, they can use their web browser to access the calendar, though they would need an iCloud Account for iCloud. I believe view only Google and and Yahoo calendars can be linked to without an account; though I haven't checked that out to be sure.

I'm afraid you'll have to fall back on email or some other method for people to send in their requests. I don't know of any calendar app that lets people send requests or other messages to the calendar's owner. The closest thing I can think of are events, which people can join or not; but I can't think of any way to twist that into what you want.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use fantastical as it supports repeats on days and not only weeks I share my work calendar with my partner When I update it or add new dates she receives a notification. This may work for you. One can assign different colors for each user which can be shared via icloud.
e5ujugu9.jpg

The red dates are shared in pict above with my partner. The dates in red (RDO )repeat every 42 days These are set by our admin staff where I work. We work on a three week shift ie 21 days the green dates are local for my devices ie iPad and iPhone and are not shared with my partner. Oh by the way these are an Australian dates

Most reactions