What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Calendar App

korkidog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question for everyone. I use the calendar that Apple provides with the iPad and my iPod Touch to keep track of people who have requested vacation time at work. Is there a calendar that will allow me to select an entire week or at least more days than one so that I can input into the notes that someone is on vacation. It would be a lot easier than doing it one day at a time.

Thanks for your help

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use the in-built iPad app to do this, but it's not obvious how.

Say your colleague is on vacation from Today (Sunday) until, say, Friday. OK, start a new entry into the calendar on the start day. It gives you the option of the start time and the end time. By default the end time shows that the event only lasts that one day. i.e it finishes some time on Sunday.

But go into the end time and notice that you can not only scroll the end *time* but also the end *day* and you can scroll ahead as far as you want.

That's the good news. You'll find that your colleague's vacation will show in the Day and Week view correctly but, for some reason, the Month view (which I use the most) only shows the start of the vacation and not the fact that it's active on every day after today until Friday.

Maybe someone out there knows how to get it to display correctly in the Month view, but I can't figure it out. So, maybe this is the answer to your question but if, like me, you mostly use the Month view, it may not be satisfactory.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Same place. When creating the event tap on the arrow to the right of Starts / Ends and flip the All-day switch. Then select your start date and end date. The event will display as a bar spanning the dates set.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same place. When creating the event tap on the arrow to the right of Starts / Ends and flip the All-day switch. Then select your start date and end date. The event will display as a bar spanning the dates set.

Thanks for that - I see it now, if you use the 'All Day Event' it displays correctly in Day, Week *and* Month.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Until you mentioned it I didn't know it would do anything different in the day or week view. I almost never use anything but the month view. So the the thanks is mutual. Another tidbit tucked away.

OP
K

korkidog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone!! I appreciate the help!!!

DaveHr378

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let try CalPad or CalPhone, they are great third party calendar apps.

Most reactions