What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar Sync Issues

IrishiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have an issue with syncing my calendar between my iPhone 4 and my iPad 2. It's only come to my attention since I upgraded them both to iOS6. Basically, when I add an event on one device it no longer updates on the other device like it used to. I have tried on both devices and it doesn't work either way. Has something changed? I am also subscribed to a couple of group calendars. These are both on my iPad but no longer on my iPhone.

Help please?

OP
I

IrishiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: I can now add an entry to iPad calendar and it syncs on phone but not vice versa. Can this be solved?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I do is use Google Calender and link both of my iDevices with it. Everything stays in sync that way. Also, I put all the contacts into google and link them to idevices. It all flows to all devices. Also, I prefer the web interface for management.

Did you look in iCloud on both devices? Make sure both Contacts, Calendars, etc are set to ON on both devices? Make sure they both see the same account, too.

OP
I

IrishiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi AQ_OC. Thanks for the reply. I don't use Google Calendar at all. I much prefer to just use the iCloud. I've checked the settings on both devices and they are both on. It's weird how it used to work perfectly, then I upgraded and now they don't. As I said, and additions, edits, etc made on iPad show up on iPhone but any made on iPhone don't appear on iPad. I just don't get it.

Frustrated!

Tom March

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
What I do is use Google Calender and link both of my iDevices with it. Everything stays in sync that way. Also, I put all the contacts into google and link them to idevices. It all flows to all devices. Also, I prefer the web interface for management.

Did you look in iCloud on both devices? Make sure both Contacts, Calendars, etc are set to ON on both devices? Make sure they both see the same account, too.

Both my wife & I have been using Google calendar as the back end for our iPhones and iPads.

We have some individual calendars and several we share.

In the past month or so we have been having a growing number of problems:

- I have a calendar called "anniversaries" which since a month ago shows up in my iPhone but not my iPad
- two weeks all our shared calendars disappeared from my iPhone but after going into google sync I got them back
- I put a shared calendar item on my iPhone today and I never saw it again; I did it again and it showed up on my iPad but bot my wife's

Any thoughts?

smileyfwb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is idevices? I have the ipad3 and learned how to sync my google contacts to my iPad through iTunes, however it didn't get the option of syncing my google calendar so sync my outlook calendar on my iPad. I had the birthday date duplicated and some contacts were duplicated, been cleaning my iPad. With that said, I am planning on getting my first iPhone (iphone5) and don't want the same issues with my phone. I welcome any suggestions!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
smileyfwb said:
What is idevices? I have the ipad3 and learned how to sync my google contacts to my iPad through iTunes, however it didn't get the option of syncing my google calendar so sync my outlook calendar on my iPad. I had the birthday date duplicated and some contacts were duplicated, been cleaning my iPad. With that said, I am planning on getting my first iPhone (iphone5) and don't want the same issues with my phone. I welcome any suggestions!

An iDevice is any Apple device which uses any version of iOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts