What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad syncs calendar entries with icloud but iphone will not?

John L

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this is covered here already, I am sorry for rehashing it. The iOS and iCloud issues seem to be overtaking this forum.

I'm in the "ios5 ate all of my email" threads too, but I also enabled iCloud and I can sync outlook entries from the desktop to both my iPad and iPhone devices. I can sync from iPad to the desktop and to the iPhone. But the iPhone entries do not make it to either the desktop or the iPad for some reason?

Any help appreciated.

1937bruce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you sync your outlook calendar to your iPad? When I set up iCloud, it set up an iCloud folder, erased my outlook calendar entries, and entered them into the iCloud calendar. Does yours work the same, or does your outlook calendar actually sync to your iPad?

BlackiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you sync your outlook calendar to your iPad? When I set up iCloud, it set up an iCloud folder, erased my outlook calendar entries, and entered them into the iCloud calendar. Does yours work the same, or does your outlook calendar actually sync to your iPad?

That is the exact same experience I had - and no, I haven't been able to sync with a 'proper' Outlook calendar. The iCloud calendar has some restrictions (apparently you won't get appointment reminders in Outlook from the iCloud calendar). It did the same thing with Outlook tasks (put them in an iCloud Tasks folder), but copied the tasks from the original Outlook folder, rather than move them.

One other side-effect I have had: If you create a custom label for a field in a contact on my Apple device (such as an e-mail address labeled 'FaceTime'), when the contact is synced with Outlook, the label is overwritten with an Outlook label (pretty limited choice - something like 'Home', 'Work' or 'Other').

Aside from those niggles, I have to say the whole syncing thing has worked without a hitch...

Marcel Janssen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see this problem posted time and time again...

Took me ages to figure this out as well. Sometimes it worked and then later it died again >.<"
In the end I opted for an Outlook add-in that let me sync all my Apple products (also Android btw)

EVO Collaborator for Outlook is the add-in I downloaded.

Here's a blogpost I found regarding this, maybe have a look
http://outlookandmacosxserver.blogspot.com/2014/10/synchronize-iclouds-contacts-and.html

Most reactions

Latest posts