What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syncing problems

Carlloch90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm at my wits end trying to figure this one out.
I have 2 laptops and 2 iPhones and have managed to sync the phones together and also sync the laptops as well using google sync, so if I type a calendar event in either phone it will show up on all devices (that took awhile to figure out but I did it).

Now to my problem if I put a calendar event into one of the laptops it will sync with both google accounts and also with both Iphones, but it will not show up on the other laptop. This also happens from the 2nd laptop if I put a calendar event in it will sync with every other device except the 1st laptop.

I did get around this though by inviting the other laptops email in the calendar event so it sort of works, but does anyone know how to just add a calendar event in one laptop to get it to sync to all devices including the 2nd laptop?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
We need more info.

How have you set the syncing up on each machine?

How are you accessing the calendar on your laptops?

Is this gmail?

OP
C

Carlloch90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets see if i can clear the muddy water a little bit

Both laptops are using microsoft outlook calendar, and using google sync they are synced to 2 different gmail accounts. Each laptop is syncing to thier gmail accounts perfectly and each gmail account is syncing with each other perfectly.

Both iphones are also synced to the gmail accounts perfectly. ie: if i add a calendar event in either gmail account it will show up on both phones and also both gmail accounts and viceversa if i add a calendar event into either iphone it will show up on both gmail accounts and also both Outlook calendars on the laptops.

What i can't get working is, if I add a calendar event on 1 laptop (even though it still syncs with all other devices (ie:both gmail accounts and both Iphones) it will not sync with the second laptop, it will only do it if i do an "invite" only then it will sort of sync as it is inviting the other person by sending them an e-mail, not by syncing through the gmail accounts and then onto the other laptop.

So as you can see i have everything working except for one annoying little thing that i can't figure out.:confused::confused:

Any feedback would be fantastic.

Last edited:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Not sure what your problem is, but my advice would be to ditch outlook, and use the Gmail calendar exclusively. Multiple syncing to one calendar and then syncing that calendar with another one is a complication I would avoid.

Most reactions