What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caldav???? Email and imessage issues??

8balluk8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Much needed help required. Not a computer buff so need some sound advice.

My iPad as been playing up for a couple of days now and today my iMessage and mail stopped working. It was asking for my iTunes password but wouldn't accept. Some apps that require going online wouldn't work either.

So I ve restores the iPad to factory settings. I put my iTunes I'd and password. Accepted ok. Tried to set my email but I forgot my password so I went online changed it. Went into my settings on the iPad put my email in but wouldn't accept password. Kept asking for caldav password. (not a clue what that is). Googled this and from what I read I turned my calendar off and rendered my password. Caldav is now not appearing. Thought that was problem solv

OP

8balluk8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved but it wasn't. My email hasn't connected, got no contacts, no inbox messages or anything. Now it's saying yahoo server unavailable. This can't be the case as I'm on my yahoo account ok on the laptop. Also it's coming up with this account may not be able to send or receive emails.

My iMessage still doesn't allow me to do anything. What am I doing wrong. It's doing my head in

Thanks in advance

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds to me like your Internet connection is down. Are you connecting by wifi or 3G? A loss of connection will make it impossible to connect to the relevant servers to validate passwords, etc.

If 3G, check with your data provider. If wifi, you could delete your network wifi settings on the iPad and re-join your home/work network.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and look at the Accounts at the top. Open each account and tap on the Account button. If your password is wrong it will tell you so and give you the opportunity to re-enter it.

I've seen the CalDAV request pop up for two reasons. One is with the Yahoo account, since it gets calendars using this protocol. Correcting your password in Yahoo will take care of this. The other possibility is that you've subscribed to a calendar. If you have you'll have an account called Subscribed Calendars. Correct your password here pretty much the same way you did for your Mail accounts.

If that tis too much trouble, just delete the Mail accounts and add them again. This fixes most email account problems.

From your description I'm not sure how many of the usual fixes you know about or have tried; so I'm going to list them below, jus in case.
---------------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP

8balluk8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the sound advice. Seems to be sorted now.

Thanks again

GreenDan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, I am having a problem with my brand new iPad 3. It stopped chiming when I receive a new email. I went into settings and made sure a tone was selected and turned on for this purpose. Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts