What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cablevision Launches Optimum iPad App

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Optimum.JPG

Cablevision has announced that it’s launched its own Optimum iPad app, which enables its cable TV customers to watch hundreds of channels and video on demand (VOD) on their iPad at home. As well as approximately 300 live channels and VOD access, the app also integrates enhanced guide information that enables the customer to find the content that they already receive as part of their cable television subscription. Programming is fully searchable, including by genre, and the application includes the ability to schedule DVR recordings and manage previously recorded content.

"This application allows the iPad to function as a television, delivering the full richness and diversity of our cable television service to a display device in the home," said Tom Rutledge, Cablevision's chief operating officer. "It gives our customers the additional flexibility and convenience of watching television throughout the home, in places where set-top boxes might not be ideal or even practical, like the kitchen, bathroom or work room. This is the future of Advanced Digital Cable televisions served with virtual set-top boxes, and just one of many digital displays we are going to be serving through a variety of applications," Mr. Rutledge concluded.

Boy Genius Report has published a hands-on review of the app, and concludes that it is “a better experience than FIOS’ and Time Warner Cable’s offerings.â€

If you’re an Optimum cable customer, click here to download the free app: Optimum for iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Cablevision, Optimum iPad app hands-on! | BGR

Fenriq007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone have this and can't get it to work. It keeps telling me i have to be on my home network which I am. Help please.

Connan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a lot like how DISH Networks app works but their are a few disadvantages that I would like to point out about the app. This first one is obvious you cannot take the device out side of your home (well that’s not winning!) second this only works with Wi-Fi and you don’t need internet connection which is good but you can only chose one Wi-Fi connection so don’t thank later on down the line you will be able to switch this if you cannot connect with your original Wi-Fi connection. Last but not least this only works on the iPad. I work for DISH Network and I can tell you DISH Network TV everywhere app works on Tablets, Smartphone’s, and Laptops. Check this out.

Most reactions

Latest posts