What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C programming software for ipad?

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
you can program C in any text editor, but compiling it, I was not able to find any app that would allow for that to happen. You can watch "for i: Code Editor for the iPad" and see if they somehow get something, however I think you will need a full PC with the compiler installed to actually create the program beyond the coding.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Code2Go will compile and run on a remote server.

I've never used it and there are few reviews so buy at your own risk. But if you do, let us know how it works, please.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only issue with apps like these are survivability. IE they shut down, your code and the ability to run it is gone.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The code itself it stored on the iPad, so you can export it and use it else where.

I believe the main purpose of the app is to let you write and test code on the iPad, and then export it to whatever platform you are developing on. A way to tinker with your code while mobile (provided you have wi-fi or 3G).

Most reactions