What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying the same app on different devices

JoshuaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is more of a general Apple devices question than just Ipad. I own an iphone 5, Ipad with Retina, and a Macbook Pro. My question is why do I have to purchase certain apps more than once. For instance, take Pages. If I buy Pages on the iPad, why do I have to pay for it again on my macbook pro? That doesn't seem right to me

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is more of a general Apple devices question than just Ipad. I own an iphone 5, Ipad with Retina, and a Macbook Pro. My question is why do I have to purchase certain apps more than once. For instance, take Pages. If I buy Pages on the iPad, why do I have to pay for it again on my macbook pro? That doesn't seem right to me

iOS apps and Mac apps are not compatible with each other and are from different app stores. Apps purchased in the iOS AppStore are available to your other iOS devices which use the same Apple ID at no extra charge. Apps purchased in the Mac AppStore are available to any Mac computers on the same Apple ID at no extra charge. There is no cross compatibility between the two.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More over, OS X apps generally do much more than iOS apps. Pages on each is not exactly the same program.

Most reactions

Latest posts