What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy iPad 3 or iPad 2?

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This really is a decision only you can make. If you can afford it, I say pull the trigger and go for the iPad3. I went from a 1 to a 3 and the difference is unbelievable. With that being said, you also have to decide what your storage needs are. If you are worried about cash but need more storage than go for the 2. Either way, you will not be disappointed!

Good luck and I hope you enjoy whichever you decide:)

wholesalestunna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I bought an iPad 2 and saved $100 and I have been extremely happy. I don't really care about the retina display.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy a used iPad off Craigslist and then get the new, new iPad next year. My guess is that it will be thinner and lighter by then.

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Respectfully, if somebody says the iPad 2 and 3 displays look even, that person is either far sighted and not wearing glasses, or looked at two iPad 2's.

I am as near die hard of an Android user there is and I bought the new iPad. Professional reviews concur that the new display is FAR better than the iPad 2, or any other current display.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The display is fantastic but the iPad 2 still has a fantastic display. Anyone would be happy with either.

Sent from my iPad 3

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you plan to keep it for a long time it might be cheaper to spend more so younwill not be forced to upgrade sooner.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iAdammTM said:
The iPad 3 is only a 5MP and no flash so it won't be very good in low light, and the 4S has an 8MP camera with optics that gather more light, there's no comparison between them...

Apple said the new camera in the iPad 3 took the same great optics from the iPhone 4s

Sent from my iPad 3

iAdammTM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andyvalver said:
Apple said the new camera in the iPad 3 took the same great optics from the iPhone 4s

Sent from my iPad 3

They say a lot they might be the same optics but it won't work aswell as the iPhone, Apple also said that the iPad screens are fingerprint resistant but there not, the way apple test the camera is in the perfect environment for the camera to work at its best, it really just depends on the light

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iAdammTM said:
The iPad 3 is only a 5MP and no flash so it won't be very good in low light, and the 4S has an 8MP camera with optics that gather more light, there's no comparison between them...

Back to my original post. I'm just saying that the camera on the iPad 3 isn't as good as the iPhone 4s. People who don't know need to have something to compare it against to understand my post. I just want people to know the truth and not get their hopes up about how good the camera is or isn't. I thought it would have been on par with my 4s in bright daylight and it's not far off. Just lacks in the low light department.

Sent from my iPad 3

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Agreed. My iPhone 4 camera is better than the iPad 3 but then it's 8 megapixels against 5 megapixels. Go figure.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Phone and tablet cameras are meant to be point-and-shoot replacements and as such they tend to have the same limitations of those devices. And frankly, given that most people wouldn't be seen dead taking a pic on and iPad, the camera is way better than is really should be. I'll use my iPad camera on occasion, but my phone is what I'm likely to have at the ready most of the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts