What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buy an ipad in USA and use it out of usa

behrooz_chz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys
i want to buy an ipad 3rd gen wifi 4g 64gb from ebay in USA but use it out of USA
i must buy unlocked version ?
if i buy a LT&T or verizon ipad is it possible to use local cellular service in other country ?
tanQ

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
behrooz_chz said:
hi guys
i want to buy an ipad 3rd gen wifi 4g 64gb from ebay in USA but use it out of USA
i must buy unlocked version ?
if i buy a LT&T or verizon ipad is it possible to use local cellular service in other country ?
tanQ

LTE frequencies differ in different countries, so an iPad bought in the USA for use outside the USA may not work on the local LTE frequencies.
It will probably work on 3G frequencies, however.

I could be wrong, but I believe that iPads are sold unlocked.

Last edited:
OP
B

behrooz_chz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LTE frequencies differ in different countries, so an iPad bought in the USA for use outside the USA may not work on the local LTE frequencies.
It will probably work on 3G frequencies, however.
Tanks 4 reply
i want to use 3G & Edge local frequency but i heard that only unlocked version work on 3G & EDGE local network and LT&T will unlock by software but verizon no

Most reactions

Latest posts