What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Building an iPhone App - make money in mobile

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Building an iPhone App: Increase your options for making money in the mobile market.

from ComputorEdge Online - General Edition by Wally Wang

Increase your options for making money in the mobile market. If you've fantasized about writing your own iPhone/iPad app, be prepared for a long learning curve, but with dedication and persistence, even non-programmers can learn to create an iPhone/iPad app.

iPhone Application Development--A Reality Check: Success will take money, patience and a lot of work.

from ComputorEdge Online - General Edition by Pete Choppin

Success will take money, patience and a lot of work. Developers are creating iPhone apps by the thousands. But before you jump into the fray, consider some sobering realities about the App Store and the app business.

ComputorEdge 07/23/2010: Making Money by Writing iPhone/iPad Apps

from ComputorEdge Online - General Edition by [email protected]

There's an iPhone app for that! Here's a look at getting started writing applications for the iPhone and iPad.

Last edited:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've often wondered how much money some of these App writers actually make dollar wise. It's a small investment to get setup with the App store.

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com
It could take you more than a year to gain your first 100 dollars. All depend on what application you have created and how good you are marketing it. If you just coded it and place it in the apps store like I said it could take you forever to recover 100 dollars.

The competition is also a factor that you should count, if your app have 100 similar ones in the store your chances of anybody buying yours is 1/100.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
competition is a big factor, it seems there are five apps for every one. that really makes it tuff to turn an investment. A lot of programers do it for fun, but some of those guys and gals are putting in a ton of work to make it sound like fun. I tried a few things in File Maker and it got old pretty quick. I had a few ideas going i thought was pretty cool but after spending lots of hours and not getting far i gave up... some of the programs these guys and gals write are brillant,, i give them a big hand.. to bad thats about all they get :(

ctitanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ultramobilepc-tips.com
No Just that. AFAIK they have to pay $100 every year. That really sucks.

I'm more for the formula used in some pocket pc markets like PocketGear, they change you 30% ~ 40% from every sale. If you don't sell you don't pay.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm amazed at the profusion and diversity of software out there. It's amazing that anyone could make a living doing this at all. I'm quite sure that many will fold soon.

Even hardware such as covers and cases, are they making money?

Zac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting quickstart to develop and post iphone/ipad applications

I found this tutorial useful to jumpstart the process of developing and posting applications on the itunes stores. It might be little expensive, but worth the money!
Check it out at: How To Create iPhone Apps: iPhone Apps Ebook, iPhone Application Marketing, Successful iPhone App

Building an iPhone App: Increase your options for making money in the mobile market.

from ComputorEdge Online - General Edition by Wally Wang

Increase your options for making money in the mobile market. If you've fantasized about writing your own iPhone/iPad app, be prepared for a long learning curve, but with dedication and persistence, even non-programmers can learn to create an iPhone/iPad app.

iPhone Application Development--A Reality Check: Success will take money, patience and a lot of work.

from ComputorEdge Online - General Edition by Pete Choppin

Success will take money, patience and a lot of work. Developers are creating iPhone apps by the thousands. But before you jump into the fray, consider some sobering realities about the App Store and the app business.

ComputorEdge 07/23/2010: Making Money by Writing iPhone/iPad Apps

from ComputorEdge Online - General Edition by [email protected]

There's an iPhone app for that! Here's a look at getting started writing applications for the iPhone and iPad.

Most reactions