What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Browsers other than Safari

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The one feature I do like with Safari is that I can send web page to the iPad's Home screen.
Though would like a browser with color.

I tried Mercury, Apollo (hmmm a theme here?) and Chrome Sync (which is not a browser).

Mercury messed up my Firefox Book marks (luckily I backed those up on my PC) and does not seem to have a send to Home option.

What browsers do "you" use that might fit for me?

thx

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iCabmobile on both my iPhone an iPad. Had great ratings a year ago when I looked for an alternative to Safari (which I still don't care fir much).

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RE: iCabmobile - a few questions:
1. Is there a button that takes me to my home (website) page?
2. Is there a way to send a web page to the iPad's Homes screen -as with Safari's "Add to Home Screen" ?
3. I imported my Chrome Bookmarks, which show as one "Booksmark bar" is there a way to have my actual book mark folders as a folder - rather than using the drop down process?
In other words, have the Booksmark bar mimic my Chrome bookmarks?

Update on 1- not sure if this is the ONLY way, but I do see my home page under the Bookmark icon - upper right, then under "Other Web Pages"?

4. Speaking of "Other Web Pages" I see "Address Book" not sure where that pulled the addresses, but its not complete.
I don't need it, as have a Contacts App - so is there a way to delete the Address Book?

5. Any to make tabs colorful?

Thx.

So far is better than Mercury- so thanks.

Terra - thanks for that suggestion, but seems too limited.

Last edited:

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was using Terra for the tabbed browsing until they updated Safari with that and several other new features a while back...

Since then I've just bit the bullet and stuck with Safari due to the smooth integration with other apps thru the OS....

In hindsight...funny how it's ok for Safari to get preferential treatment for how well it integrates with the OS...and yet Micro$oft had an Antitrust action filed against them for IE....

Most reactions

Latest posts