What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bricked ipad? HELP!

wess9692

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had this ipad 1 since they came out and it's never been dropped and has been in a protective case it was working fine a couple days ago I tried to jailbreak it and it went through the process and said it was jail broken but cydia wasn't there so I gave up. It continued to work for a couple days then all of a sudden the screen went black and when I press the power or home button nothing comes up! I've charged it for hours and still nothing at all. I've tried dfu mode still nothing I've tried resetting and still nothing. I've tried connecting to iTunes and then trying dfu and nothing happened. Am I pretty much screwed?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Wess...I see that you're having trouble with your iPad and hope that members can help you soon enough!

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thanks,
Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Kaedesmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is quite a situation you got out there..a bricked apple device is nothing but merely a paperweight and it is quite likely that Apple service center will refiuse to repair that as you have done something not authorized at least according to them so you might wanna get it to a local repair shop and see what the repairman can do and to warn you this is quite risky as they are not certified.

iLoner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried holding the home and power buttons together? I bricked my old iPod Touch while jailbreaking (iTunes wouldn't even recognise it) and this fixed it.

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

Hold home and power button together;
And if it doesn't work,
Try to Re-jailbreak;

Your iPad is not broken, maybe it's only a firmware issue make sure you try everything, go to Youtube, search for answers there aswell!! :)

André

Sent from my iPad using Tapaltalk

Jailbroken iPad 64gb 3G & WiFi
iPhone 3Gs 8gb

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts