What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bought a used ipad

khydroxide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a used ipad off craigslist. got a really good deal on it but now im slowly starting to regret it. first of all the accelerometer doesn't seem to be working. i tried flipping that switch next to the volume button but it didn't do anything. it is running the latest firmware so I'm hoping there's a fix for that or something ( i don't know honestly...major newb here so help me out please).
The other thing is it came with the ipad by itself, nothing else,...which kind of makes me think now how legitimate it was but i bought it anyway. Now I can't seem to log into itunes and I'm guessing it's cuz the previous owner is still registered on my ipad and they havent "deauthorized" the ipad yet according to the support website. So if i did a hard reset or cleared all the data and then registered it under my account could I possibly end up being the owner of a stolen/illegally obtained product or am i just being paranoid. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can jailbreak it and get the NoMute to get the orientation switch back, but to make it work with your account you're gonna have to restore it to factory settings.

Now, I am NOT helping it be stolen or anything, I am simply answering questions, so don't anybody hold me responsible as an accomplice in anything :p

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think mine was stolen too got it for a very cheap price, this thing is dying all fast and taking 9 hours to charge. Going to apple store soon

spgary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if it runs the latest firmware iOS 4.2.1 , the orientation button has been moved and the switch near the volume button is infact a mute button.

Double click on the home button to reveal the hidden menu and scroll to find the orientation button. hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts