What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boston Herald Bashes iPad

mjeagent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This guy is a joke. How can you take up most of the article bashing the IPad on the typing function. It was the same when the Iphone came out. I can't type on this - it's too hard. Now look. People swear by the Iphone virtual keyboard because they took the time to get used to it and practice with it. I don't understand how someone can feel confident as a professional reviewer/writer and put a review in the Boston Herald based on a few minutes with the product at the Apple Store. That's like me walking into a car dealership, sitting in a car, and walking out ready to type a full review on that car.

Shame on you Boston Herald!

Dallasfoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the Boston herald is for Neanderthals anyway...
Yes the iPad will take some time...typing to be sure.
Editing...photoshopping...some things it just will need workarounds.
But overall I think this thing is the future.
Dragon speak is quite good!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
It seems many in the tech blog/zine world are iPad bashers. It really is no surprise. The iPad was not designed for them, it is for regular folks. The tech heads have their power tied to the overly complex operating systems, and cryptic commands of the box PC of the last 25 years. They will fight change, but its coming.

Last edited:

Dallasfoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so typing is a perfect on the iPad right now I'm using the Dragon dictation dragon speak in a minute cut-and-paste and put it in before I think it's going to take some time to get used to using the iPad for doing work things getting worked up. It's not perfect as my laptop but if its benefits far outweigh any few negative things that house plus if you really need to forget the keyboard I'm able to type on this with no problem

I did not edit this graph.

OP
Sonny Burnett

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay so typing is a perfect on the iPad right now I'm using the Dragon dictation dragon speak in a minute cut-and-paste and put it in before I think it's going to take some time to get used to using the iPad for doing work things getting worked up. It's not perfect as my laptop but if its benefits far outweigh any few negative things that house plus if you really need to forget the keyboard I'm able to type on this with no problem

Interesting, how well does the dictation software work on the iPad?
How much training did you have to do to use it?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

I assume you used a headset as suggested in the instructions for Dragon... Anyway, it works good for me, plus for a free little app... it's pretty cool...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they rave about something, then they are on the payroll. If they are objective, they get ignored by the extremists. If they bash what others praise, they get attention, which sells media. Besides, griping about typing on the iPad is silly. I am using a standard HP keyboard and I am always going back to correct typos. So how is it going to be any different?

mjeagent

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I assume you used a headset as suggested in the instructions for Dragon... Anyway, it works good for me, plus for a free little app... it's pretty cool...

No headset needed. It works very well with off the internal mic. Although, you have to be in a quiet environment to use it at near 100% accuracy. Give it a try, it is a free app.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seadog said:
If they rave about something, then they are on the payroll. If they are objective, they get ignored by the extremists. If they bash what others praise, they get attention, which sells media. Besides, griping about typing on the iPad is silly. I am using a standard HP keyboard and I am always going back to correct typos. So how is it going to be any different?

You are so right it will be the same Its funny reading that he spent a short time in an Apple store them formed an opinion and he gets paid for this. This is yet another bad article written by an ignorent writer who lives in a small box. Does he ever write any thing constructive or positive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Who cares about these naysayers???

I don't.

I like my iPad. It doesn't do everything I would like it to do but nothing does. But it does what it does really well and does it the same every time.

I can't wait until the HP Slate comes out so we get some real competition and comparisons.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:

You are so right it will be the same Its funny reading that he spent a short time in an Apple store them formed an opinion and he gets paid for this. This is yet another bad article written by an ignorent writer who lives in a small box. Does he ever write any thing constructive or positive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep apparently a few minutes of in store testing qualifies one to have a review, I can't believe he got paid for that either.

Dallasfoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it's a free app and the mike on the top side works fine. Like all Dragon, it will learn my voice over time and get better.

And no one liked Blackberries when they came out.

I am getting better and better with the keyboard. I love this thang!!!!!

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm glad I read this thread! the best thing about this article is the fact that it made me download Dragon- what a great tool! thanks for trashing the iPad:D

Most reactions

Latest posts