What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books

Daffodil2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you send another iPad person a book you have purchased on your iPad without doing the jail break thing?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Only if it is not copy protected. The iBooks app will let you email PDF files, though not ePub (even the public domain ones).

Very few purchased books are DRM free, and even few of those are public domain. One you can not share. The other it would be stealing even if you can (unless specifically allowed by the publisher).

Amazon offeres you the ability to loan (some) books to another Kindle user for a few weeks. So if you use the Kindle app, you may (depending on the book) be able to loan it to a friend also using a Kindle. I think (but do not know for sure) that this will work with the Kindle app on the iPad.

BTW, discussion of piracy of apps, books, music, or any illegal activity is prohibited on this forum. By talking about purchased books and jailbreaking you are perilously close to the topic.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oops, missed the new poster thing.

Welcome to the forum. And please do not be put off by my reply. I really am trying to be helpful, not critical or pushy. It's just a touchy subject.

OP
D

Daffodil2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information. A friend said that she had read in the paper the ability to transfer books between iPads.
A friend came to the house with an iPad and I fell in love with it. After they left i got in the car and drove an hour and a half to the Apple Store....went in bought one and have been having so much fun ever since. I am 72 and learning lots.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Cool.

There are a lot of free sources for public domain books. In both the iBook Store and Amazon's Kindle store you will find many of them. No need to share them, just download and enjoy.

I get my Kipling fix this way.

You can also borrow ebooks from some libraries using Overdrive or BlueReader. Contact your local library. They should be able to tell you if they participate in one of the services and how to use it. Enough people here use both of these apps that if you get lost you should be able to get help figuring it out.

My library only lets me download audio books for offline listening, though you can borrow and read ebooks online in a browser.

Most reactions

Latest posts